Online Classes at Defiance College
Defiance College offers a growing number of courses in hybrid or online environments. Click here to view our course offerings.
Online Learning Orientation
You may have some of the following questions about these types of educational opportunities.
- Are online classes right for me?
- Are online classes easier?
- Are online classes as valuable as traditional classes?
- Is there personal attention in an online class like there is at a small college?
- and more...
To answer these questions, we ask that you explore our Online Orientation course. You will be given a guest log-in and directed to a sample online course. Within this sample course, you will discover materials about online classes and take a self-assessment quiz to see if online learning is a good fit for you.
You also will be introduced to Moodle, the online learning system that you will be using for classes at Defiance College.
Gain hands-on experience and vital skills needed to succeed in the online course environment!
Just follow the directions below to log in and get started:
- Go to the Moodle log-in page.
You can can also access this page by clicking on Moodle in the Quick Links drop-down list on the Defiance College website.
- Enter one of the following username/password combinations and click Login to gain
guest access to Moodle. If you try one username/password combination and get an error
message, simply try the next one on the list. Up to ten guests may have access at
once. All letters are lowercase and there are no spaces between letters or numbers.
Username Password dcguest01 moodleguest dcguest02 moodleguest dcguest03 moodleguest dcguest04 moodleguest dcguest05 moodleguest dcguest06 moodleguest dcguest07 moodleguest dcguest08 moodleguest dcguest09 moodleguest dcguest10 moodleguest
- Click on the purple hyperlink Online Orientation (under My Courses in the middle of
the page) to access the Online Orientation sample course.
- Explore the Online Orientation course! Read through the content and click on the purple
hyperlinks to open new pages or files. Try taking a quiz, downloading documents or
uploading files. Discover the online learning environment – hands-on!
If you experience any trouble, you can contact our Moodle Support.
You may also find your answer in the Student Moodle Guide