Online Learning for RN to BSN Students
Defiance College is pleased to offer a 100% online Registered Nursing to Bachelors of Science in Nursing Degree. This degree offers the flexibility for working professionals to complete the BSN within 18 months of enrollment.
Courses are offered in 8 week terms each semester. Students take two courses each term per semester.
To ensure the academic integrity of courses, programs, and degrees, the following verification of student identity is required:
- Secure login and pass code for Moodle. This is received after completion of a required online orientation program in Moodle. The orientation familiarizes students with resources, support, and information regarding online learning at Defiance College.
- Students must show DC ID or driver’s license to camera when required in course syllabi.
- Faculty may require physical pictures of spaces where exams are taken via camera.
- Faculty may require attending a licensed site to verify identity and take the exam
online in that space. This may incur an additional change if required. This will
be stated in the syllabus provided on the first day of class.
You also will be introduced to Moodle, the online learning system that you will be using for classes at Defiance College. Follow the directions below to log in and get started:
- Go to the Moodle log-in page.
You can can also access this page by clicking on Moodle in the Quick Links drop-down list on the Defiance College website.
- Enter one of the following username/password combinations and click Login to gain
guest access to Moodle. If you try one username/password combination and get an error
message, simply try the next one on the list. Up to ten guests may have access at
once. All letters are lowercase and there are no spaces between letters or numbers.
Username Password dcguest01 moodleguest dcguest02 moodleguest dcguest03 moodleguest dcguest04 moodleguest dcguest05 moodleguest dcguest06 moodleguest dcguest07 moodleguest dcguest08 moodleguest dcguest09 moodleguest dcguest10 moodleguest
- Click on the purple hyperlink Online Orientation (under My Courses in the middle of
the page) to access the Online Orientation sample course.
- Explore the Online Orientation course. Read through the content and click on the purple
hyperlinks to open new pages or files. Try taking a quiz, downloading documents, or
uploading files. Discover the online learning environment – hands-on!
If you experience any trouble, you can contact our Moodle Support at 419-783-2490 or email@example.com.
You may also find your answer in the Student Moodle Guide.