Matt Lundin, Ed.D.
Chair, Division of Natural Sciences,
Applied Sciences, and Mathematics
Athletic Training Program Director
Office: Defiance 129
Dr. Matt Lundin began his career at Defiance College in the fall of 2013 as an Assistant Professor of Athletic Training and the Athletic Training Program Director. His teaching responsibilities focus on the curriculum of the Entry-Level Bachelor's Athletic Training program. Dr. Lundin has research interests in behavioral interactions in the clinical education experience in the facilitation of student and preceptor development.
Dr. Lundin grew up in Montana and graduated from Shepherd High School (1989). After graduation he attended Rocky Mountain College in Billings, MT and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in K-12 Physical Education and Exercise Science (1997). Dr. Lundin earned his Master's Degree in Physical Education with an option in Athletic Training Education from California State University - Chico (2003). In 2014 Dr. Lundin completed his Ed.D in Health Care Education, with a concentration in Curriculum Development from Nova Southeastern University.
Dr. Lundin has worked as a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) for 17 years. He has worked for hospitals in South Dakota, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio and North Carolina as an outreach ATC and UNC Pembroke as Head Athletic Trainer and lecturer.
Dr. Lundin resides in Sidney, Ohio with his wife (Deborah), son (Gabriel), and daughter (Nora Ann).
Ed.D., Health Care Education, Nova Southeastern University, 2014
M.A., Physical Education with an option in Athletic Training Education, California State University, 2003
B.S., Physical Education and Exercise Science, Rocky Mountain College, MT, 1997
- Chair, Division of Natural Sciences, Applied Sciences, and Mathematics (2015 - Present)
- Assistant Professor of Athletic Training (2013 - Present)
- Athletic Training Program Director (2013 - Present)
- Faculty Athletic Representative (2013 to Present)
- Athletic Trainer, Upper Valley Medical Center, Troy, OH (2012 - 2013)
- Assistant Professor, Urbana University (2012)
- Athletic Trainer, Reid Hospital and Health Care, Richmond, IN (2011 - 2012)
- Rehab Operations Coordinator/ Athletic Trainer, Southeastern Health, Lumberton, NC (2009 - 2011)
- Head Athletic Trainer, University of North Carolina at Pembroke (2004 - 2009)
- Graduate Assistant, CSU-Chico (2001 - 2003)
- Graduate Teaching Associate, CSU-Chico (2001 - 2003)
- Manager of Fitness and Athletic Training, Keewanaw Memorial Medical Center, Laurium, MI (2000 - 2001)
- Athletic Trainer, Huron Regional Medical Center, Huron, SD (1998 - 2000)
Iota Tao Alpha. Athletic Training Honor Society, Advisor
Defiance College Student Athletic Training Club, Advisor
National Athletic Trainers Association, Member
Great Lakes Athletic Training Association, Member
Ohio Athletic Trainers Association, Member
Kinesio Taping Association International, Member
Certified Faculty Instructor for Kinesio Taping
NATA Symposium Edventure, Indianapolis, IN, 2014
- Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology
- General Medical Conditions
- Therapeutic Modalities
- Evaluation of Athletic Injuries I, II, III
- Kinesio Taping Certifiction
- BOC Test Prep
- Medical Terminology