Explanation of Course Numbering System
- 100-199 Courses designed for freshmen
- 200-299 Courses designed for sophomores
- 300-399 Courses designed for juniors
- 400-499 Courses designed for seniors
- 500-599 Graduate Courses
- 600-699 Graduate Courses
- M = Monday
- T = Tuesday
- W = Wednesday
- R = Thursday
- F = Friday
- S = Saturday
- ARTC = Art Center
- DANA = Dana Hall
- DEF = Defiance Hall
- LIB = Library
- MCMAST = McMaster Center (in Library)
- RW = Carma Rowe Science Hall
- SCH = Schauffler Hall
- SAUD = Schomburg Auditorium
- SEC = Serrick Center
- STAD = Justin Coressel Stadium
- TEN = Tenzer Hall
- WCC = Weaner Community Center (gym)
Key to Course Notations
- a = course offered in alternate years
- . = course has a prerequisite
- SL= course with service learning component
- # = hybrid course - face to face instruction & online via Moodle
- + = on-line course via Moodle
Class Periods for Most Courses
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Usually 6:30 - 9:00
one night per week
Classes meet alternate weekends for a total of eight weekends. Class periods are 6:00-10:00 pm Friday, 8:00am-12:00 Saturday and 1:00-5:00pm Saturday. Some evening courses through the week meet 6:00-10:00 pm on alternate weeks.
Graduate courses in business and education are offered in the Weekend College format.
Visiting students must complete a transient application and pay a $25.00 processing fee. A transcript from the home institution is not required.
Courses, hours, instructors and fees listed in this schedule are subject to change. The College reserves the right to withdraw any course announced as well as to change any fee listed. New courses and classes may be added if the need arises.
Tuition and Fees
Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
This page has been formatted for printing.
Defiance College | Defy the Ordinary
701 N. Clinton St.
Defiance, OH 43512
© 2007-2012 Defiance College. All Rights Reserved.