Defiance College is one of a handful of colleges to offer Choose Ohio First STEM scholarships from the Ohio Department of Higher Education. With these scholarships, we can reward select computer science majors from Ohio with financial support for up to four years. Scholarship recipients will have access to a strong network of peers, faculty, and staff to assist them throughout their college years and provide support and resources for their computer science career.
STEM SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT
- Minimum: $2,000/year
- Ohio resident
- 3.2 or higher GPA in high school
- Apply and be accepted to Defiance College for priority consideration
- Must interview virtually with the Dean of the Institute for Pre-Health & Wellness Studies
- Must be/remain a computer science major
- If GPA drops below 3.0, the student/advisor must submit an academic plan for improvement.
This scholarship may be added to other scholarships and forms of financial aid. Once accepted, students will be invited to attend Scholarship Day on Saturday, February 29.
- Cohort model
- Faculty advisor for the cohort
- Professional development opportunities outside the classroom
- Experience-based internships
Contact the Office of Admissions for more information.
The computer science program at DC places an emphasis on using technology to solve real-world problems using real-world data. Program graduates will be able to plan, design, and optimize computer software and hardware systems for commercial, non-profit, and government environments.
The program will open a path to diverse careers, including software architect or engineer, application software designer, system analyst or programmer, or systems engineer. Computer science provides a solid grounding in theory and fundamentals, sustainable designs, and lots of practical, hands-on laboratory activities with frequent one-on-one faculty contact.
MEET THE FACULTY
Aaron Napierala, M.S., M.Ed., MCSE, MCSA, Network+, A+
Timothy Wedge, M.A., CFCE, MCSE, CISSP, A+