Welcome to Defiance College!
Your next step as an accepted DC student is to sign up for Orientation. On this page you will find everything you need to register for an Orientation day and to understand what will be taking place.
We are looking forward to seeing you. If you have any questions or require special accommodations feel free to call us at 419-783-2359 between 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
What is Orientation?
Orientation is an exciting event where you will meet your future classmates, schedule your classes for fall semester, navigate your way through the resources available to all Defiance College students, and discover how you will DEFY the ordinary.
During orientation, you and your parents will:
- receive information about campus life and college support services available to students to help successfully transition into the college environment
- interact with our amazing student Orientation Leaders
- mingle with the DC Family during the all-campus gathering
- consult with faculty advisors and plan your fall class schedule
- meet with staff members from offices throughout the DC Campus
- learn how you can DEFY the ordinary
- and depart with your official DC student ID!
Register online using the appropriate form:
- First-Year Student Orientation (full-time freshmen) or
- Express Registration (Transfer Students/Non-traditional Students)
Confirm enrollment by submitting your $150 (full-time students only).
Receive a confirmation letter confirming the date you chose.
|Freshman Orientations*||Express Orientations|
|Friday, May 18, 2018||[Transfers] Thursday, May 17, 2018|
|Friday, June 22, 2018|
|Friday, July 13, 2018|
|Monday, August 6, 2018||[Transfers] Friday, August 10, 2018|
Send Before Orientation:
- College Transcripts – If you completed College Credit Plus (CCP) classes and received college credit, you MUST send us your official college transcripts in order to receive credit during our scheduling process (if applicable).
- Advanced Placement (AP) credits - if you took AP courses with the exam, you must submit official AP scores to receive credit.
Bring Day of Orientation or Express Registration:
- One form of Photo ID is needed.
- One of the following: Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, or Passport is needed.
Required Forms to Complete Before Orientation:
- Fill out the Housing Application Survey (residential students only)
- Fill out the Student Engagement Survey form (for first-year students only)
- Fill out the Emergency Information Form (for all students)
PRINT and BRING WITH YOU DAY OF:
- Print and complete the Immunization History Form (for all students)