Defiance College does not currently have an on-campus health service option; however, there are a number of health care options available within a short drive of campus. These medical facilities provide a wide variety of services that benefit needs of our students.
ACTIVATE HEALTH & WELLNESS CENTER
Activate Health & Wellness Center is located directly across the street from the College at 800 North Clinton St., Suite B. We have developed a program that will allow DC students to use this center for:
- Primary health care services, including sick visits
- Care for chronic illnesses
- Free medicines prescribed by the clinic doctor and available at the clinic
- Free lab tests when done at the clinic
- Orders for blood work needed by other providers
- Health education
This is a great option for students who don't have easy access to their primary care physician at home or are managing chronic illnesses - and it's within easy walking distance if a student doesn't have a car on campus. Once they pay the center enrollment fee, students may utilize the center year-round, including during winter and summer breaks.
Please note: This is NOT health insurance. If students need to see a specialist, be admitted to the hospital, have tests run outside the center, etc., these items would not be covered and would need to be applied to your family's medical insurance.
TERMS OF ENROLLMENT:
- Coverage can begin on the first of each month. If a student enrolls in the program at any other point in the month, the coverage will become active on the first day of the next month.
- The cost of coverage must be paid in full before the start of the enrollment month.
- Students can choose to have 10 month coverage or 12 month coverage.
- Once enrolled, the policy continues until June 31, 2020, for 10 month coverage, or August 31, 2020, for 12 month coverage. There is no option for early cancellation.
- If a student leaves Defiance College, the policy will still continue through the end of the coverage period.
COST OF ENROLLMENT:
Enrollment prior to September 1 = $457 for 10 months, $548.40 for 12 months.
If enrolling after September 1, the cost of the coverage is pro-rated at $45.70 for each month of coverage after the date of enrollment.
ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital (1.0 miles from campus)
1200 Ralston Ave, Defiance, Ohio 43512
Phone: 419-783-6955 Website
Offers Express Care (located in the emergency room) to treat minor injuries or illnesses that need immediate attention. Express Care services are available Monday-Friday from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. and weekends and holidays from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. They accept most health insurance plans that include ProMedica facilities. Cash, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are also accepted at the time of service.
Mercy Health - Defiance Clinic (1.8 miles from campus)
1400 E. Second Street, Defiance, Ohio 43512
Phone: 419-784-1414 Website
Offers Urgent Care services to provide extended physician hours seven days a week. Appointments are not necessary, but patients are asked to call ahead if possible. Urgent Care is located inside the east entrance of the clinic. The hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Defiance County General Heath District (1.8 miles from campus)
1300 E. Second Street, Defiance, Ohio 43512
Phone: 419-784-3818 Website
Offers immunizations and limited health screenings. Immunizations are available the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Health screening and testing are available the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month but at varying times depending on the type of screening. Please check the website to see the complete list of screenings and times.
There are three pharmacies within walking distance of the campus.