Supply and demand. Limited resources. Microeconomics. Macroeconomics. Economic justice. Such is the vocabulary of economics, the most highly systematized of the social sciences.
As a discipline, economics employs a wide range of critical thinking skills in a way that lends order to events taking place at local, national, and global levels. A command of its principles thus provides students pursuing a variety of majors and careers with the ability to describe and predict changes and trends in the pattern of public affairs.
At Defiance College the economics minor, open to all majors, is designed to provide students with an appreciation for the principles of constrained choice.
Enhance your major. Learn the language of economics.
Economics Minor Courses
The economics minor requires 24 semester hours including the following:
- BA 212 Business Statistics (3)
- BA 215 Business Calculus (3)
- EC 201 Microeconomics (3)
- EC 205 Macroeconomics (3)
- EC 310 Intermediate Microeconomics
- EC 320 Intermediate Macroeconomics
Select 6 credits from the following:
- EC 305 Money and Banking (3)
- EC 355 Public Finance (3)
- EC 375 International Trade (3)
- EC 452 Investment Analysis (3)