Veteran Transfer Student Information - Veterans Program - Defiance College

Transfer Information

Veterans Programs


Defiance College is committed to helping veterans pursue their goals in higher education.

Transfer Credit for Military Experience
Defiance College awards credit for military experience, which is based on the American Council on Education guidelines, as published in The Guide to the Evaluation of Military Experiences in the Armed Services. Students should submit a copy of their DD214 and a copy of an AARTS or SMART transcript for evaluation. Frequently asked questions about AARTS and SMART transcripts can be obtained from the American Council on Education website. The Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy are now using a Joint Services Transcript (JST).  To request a transcript, Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans, go to the JST website:

A DD214 can be obtained from the courthouse in the county where the veteran is living, if it has been entered as a record at the courthouse. Also a DD214 can be requested from

Previous College Course Work / CLEP, DANTES and Examinations

To receive credit for previous college course work, the international baccalaureate, advanced placement exams (AP), CLEP exams and DANTES exam, official transcripts must be submitted for evaluation to the Registrar’s Office, Defiance College, 701 N Clinton Street, Defiance OH 43512.