Online Learning at Defiance College
In order to have a positive online learning experience, please check that you meet the following technical requirements:
What Equipment Will I Need?
- 1.4GHz Intel Premium 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), 8.0 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- 1GB of RAM (2GB recommended) for Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Windows Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or later
- 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo or faster processor
- 1MB of RAM (2GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari
Apple supported devices: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Xoom,
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S3 & S4, Nexus 7 tablet
Android supported OS versions summary: 2.3.4 and higher
Bandwidth: 512kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications.
Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Webcam (if not built-in)
Microphone (if not built-in)
Headphones or earbuds to reduce feedback
Moodle Technical Requirements
Moodle is compatible with mobile devices.
The following web browsers are supported by Moodle:
- Google Chrome 30.0 and higher
- Mozilla Firefox 25.0 and higher
- Apple Safari 6 and higher
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 and higher
- Security level set at medium
- Accept all cookies
To view or access course content, you may need one or more of the following, depending
on course content:
- Microsoft Office (Free Download)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader for PDF files (Free Download)
- Adobe Flash Player for Adobe Flash content (Free Download)
Phone: 419-783-2490 from 9-4 p.m.
24-hour Emergency: 419-576-0884
For connectivity, networking, and security issues, contact DC Computer Services at 419-783-2312 or email@example.com.