RN to BSN
Course Requirements and Offerings
- 2.5 GPA from NLN-accredited associate's degree or diploma nursing program
- Unencumbered RN license from state of practice
Advanced Nursing Courses
Must have 30 hours taken in DC residency which includes the 24 nursing major credit hours and 6 professional free electives. It is recommended that all pre-requisites be met before a student enrolls in upper division nursing courses.
- NRS 400 Nursing Transitions (3) - initial course in the major
- NRS 365 Nursing in a Globalized World (3)
- NRS 380 Nursing Informatics (3)
- NRS 415 Nursing Research (3)
- NRS 475 Community Health Nursing (3)
- NRS 476 Community Nursing Clinical (3)
- NRS 480 Nursing Leadership and Management (3)
- NRS 481 Nursing Leadership Capstone (3)
Requirements may vary depending on transfer evaluation by our Registrar from Associate Degree program or Diploma program.