Process for Supervisors
Student Work Study Program
Process for supervisors to hire and employ a work study student:
1. Post/update positions to the Financial Aid Office via an email to Janelle Rubio at email@example.com. Be sure to communicate the job status so that the website correctly reflects that the job is available or currently filled.
2. Arrange interviews with prospective student employees. Students will contact supervisors via the contact information provided with the job descriptions.
3. Advise the student of all paperwork that must be completed before they are eligible
to begin work.
• State Tax Form
• Federal Tax Form
• Immigration Reform and Control Act Form (I-9)
• Student Employment Contract
• Work Authorization Contract (WAC)
4. Select and hire a student employee. Have the newly hired student employee complete the Student Employment Contract and Work Authorization Contract (WAC). These forms can be obtained from the Financial Aid Office. Keep a copy for the students file. I-9 forms, state tax forms, and federal tax forms can be picked up and submitted to the Business Office. All forms must be returned to the Financial Aid Office and Business Office before the student may begin work. This is also a good time to review job expectations, training, and the evaluation process.
5. The student and employer must sign the student time card. The employer will return the student time card to the business office by the date indicated on the time card.
6. Students must have a new WAC form on file for every academic year and every job that is secured.